Administrative AssistantCompany: Center for Respite Care
Date Posted: May 13, 2020
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This is a full-time, permanent position and will support the senior leadership (CEO, CFO and CAO) of the Center for Respite Care (the Center) in a variety of functions. The person in this position will be trained, instructed, and supervised in the position by the CEO, but will interface/support/receive direction from the CFO and CAO as well. S/he will be provided all the tools and supplies necessary to carry out daily and weekly tasks and essential job functions. The Administrative Assistant will be oriented to the mission of the Center, instructed in proper protocols for relating to the Center’s clients, fellow staff members, volunteers, and members of the public. S/he must be able to maintain proper confidentiality regarding clients and be able to relate well in a team environment and serve as the point-person for the Center’s computer system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive computer, copier, and printer assistance requests from staff. Prioritize and serve as the conduit between the respective vendors and Center staff. Troubleshoot when necessary. Requests remain open until staff members’ issue is solved.
- Receive and check-in clients in a professional manner and discern who may be struggling and respond appropriately.
- Serve as receptionist and/or back-up receptionist. Ensure calls are answered professionally and routed correctly.
- Serve as the liaison between facilities during the transition from Avondale to Over-the-Rhine should a problem arise.
- Receive requests from staff regarding supplies that are needed, place order, ensure the staff has their supplies.
- Create and update Center forms.
- Utilize MS suite of products for word processing, reports, correspondence, and more.
- Utilize MS Outlook for the Center’s calendar maintenance and conference room scheduling.
- Special program and project coordination on an as-needed basis.
- File maintenance as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Basic IT knowledge and troubleshooting
- Computer proficiency – Standards, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
- Word processing skills – both speed and accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
Qualified candidates should email Laurel Derks Nelson, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until June 16, 2017. No phone calls, please.
- Website: centerforrespitecare.org
- Facebook: CenterForRespiteCare
- Twitter: @HomelessRespite
- Current Address: 3550 Washington Street | Cincinnati/Avondale | Ohio
- Relocation Address: Near Vine & Liberty Streets in Over-the-Rhine in the new St. Anthony Center
Center for Respite Care, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disabilities, or veteran status.