Disabled American VeteransCompany: Sponsorship Manager
Date Posted: May 3, 2017
Responsible for developing new and managing existing relationships with companies and organizations to support the successful execution and achievement of goals for assigned DAV events and campaigns, primarily the DAV 5K National Series and DAV National Convention. This is primarily accomplished through sponsor solicitation, engagement, development, activation, and stewardship.
- Develop creative ways to effectively permeate DAV’s mission into corporate America, with a goal to renew past sponsorships and secure new sponsorships for assigned DAV events and campaigns.
- Use of relationship-building, negotiation, and presentation skills to effectively solicit and sell sponsorship packages.
- Assist manager to develop national campaigns and activation concepts to further sponsor engagement with DAV, to help maximize fundraising outcomes with corporations involved in DAV events.
- Interact effectively with various constituents within sponsor corporations, organizations and community groups; develop plans to steward positive relationships with sponsors throughout the year.
- Manage event sponsor tracking documents, to effectively manage the overall process for onboarding sponsors (with event teams, Accounting, Donor Relations, etc.).
- Ensure all sponsor rights and benefits are fulfilled, including pre, post and on-event activation. Work with event teams to ensure seamless outcomes.
- Professionally and diplomatically communicate with people inside and outside of the organization to effectively achieve goals for both DAV and the sponsor.
- Employ a collaborative mindset and genuine willingness to position DAV’s sponsorship function within its overall strategic plan for fundraising, and more importantly, for service to disabled veterans.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish workload
- Maintain an understanding of DAV’s mission and programs and have the ability to communicate that to others.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or business is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Must have relevant experience in non-profit, sponsorship, or sales.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, and work independently
- Must have a passion for working with a nonprofit organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Perseverance, a high energy level and creativity.
- Willing to travel, primarily to assigned sponsored events; Ability to work occasional weekends.
- Proficiency with the following preferred: Microsoft Office, Social Media.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: