Special Events CoordinatorCompany: Stepping Stones, Inc.
Date Posted: April 18, 2017
At Stepping Stones we help those with developmental disabilities find pathways to independence that improve their lives and enable them to more fully participate in their communities. We are a non-profit United Way partner agency and 2016 recipient of the BBB Torch Award for Business Ethics. We are currently hiring a Special events Coordinator at our Indian Hill location.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and executing special events for Stepping Stones. The purpose of these events is to raise funds while also introducing new friends and donors to the agency. This person will be responsible for directing the activities of volunteers and staff who are assisting with the planning and execution of special events.
The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for:
• Providing leadership that ensures the successful planning/execution of Stepping Stones’ four special events: Open Your Heart, Sporting Clays Tournament, Golf Outing and Bloom.
• Participating and supporting in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of event sponsors and individual donors; achieve aggressive financial sponsorship goals annually.
• Working collaboratively with volunteer committees to cultivate new sponsors, renew historical sponsors, confirm agreements with sponsors and ensure that promised recognition is delivered.
• With assistance from the Director of Development, leading and supporting event committees, including the cultivation and recruitment of additional committee members as needed; actively and strategically work to develop succession plans for key volunteer roles.
Ideal candidate should possess:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, public relations, or related fields.
• Minimum of three years’ experience working fundraising events.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Willingness to work some nights and weekends plus long hours in the weeks just prior to special events.
• Good writing and computer skills.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to work with people from all walks of life, from children with disabilities to corporate leaders who are sponsors of special events.
• Ability to give directions and supervise work of individuals who do not officially report to the Special Events Director.
To be considered for this position, please email Jason Schweitzer, HR Director at Jason.Schweitzer@SteppingStonesOhio.Org, fax to 513-831-5918 or mail to 5650 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243 ATTN HR Director. Additional information and application can also be obtained by visiting our website at www.steppingstonesohio.org.