Director of Database ManagementCompany: Cincinnati Country Day School
Date Posted: April 10, 2017
Seeks: Director of Database Management
Reports to: Director of Development
Schedule: Full-time with generous vacation
Department: Development Office
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The Cincinnati Country Day School is a co-educational independent college preparatory school for 860 students enrolled in early childhood through grade 12. Located in Indian Hill on a beautiful 62-acre campus, Country Day’s academic program is rigorous with 100% of its graduates accepted into four-year colleges and institutions.
The Director of Database Management supports staff and volunteers for all database reporting and tracking initiatives. The Director of Database Management must be highly organized, able to effectively manage multiple priorities, and work effectively with the Head of School, the Board of Trustees, faculty and administrative colleagues, parents, grandparents, and alumni with sensitivity and professionalism.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Initial Focus – Annual Giving and existing Building Funds:
- Attain knowledge of Senior Systems basics; constituent maintenance and daily gift postings. Includes updating data (addresses, marital status, deaths, relationships, attributes, media, giving analysis).
- Generate daily credit card, PayPal, gift posting, and transmittal reports for Annual Giving, existing Building Funds, and Events.
- Responsible for delivering to the mail center outgoing mail and collecting incoming 2xs/day. Deliver daily completed transmittals to the Business Office.
- Generate Receipt/Acknowledgment Letters
- Maintain Donor Files
- Pledge Status Report
- Senior Systems; how to establish Annual Fund Appeals and update, link/unlink constituents, process New Families and Withdrawn, update mail merge templates of acknowledgment letters, and pledge reminders.
- Process and acknowledge gifts in kind and Stock gifts.
- Generate Purchase Orders with accurate GL#s for the department.
- Calendar year-end giving summaries for tax deduction purposes for constituents with reoccurring credit card payments
- CountryDate – see *Notes and Other Requirements
- Review and balance the GL Report (from the Business Office) of Gifts and Expenses on a bi-monthly basis. Monitor requested changes. Serves as check and balance to Annual Giving postings.
- Campaigns (Comprehensive) pledges and gifts; all aspects of entering, tracking, reporting in SS, chart creation/maintenance for business office and bank-required pledge projections.
- Maintaining agreement/donor files, pledge confirmation letters, gift/payment acknowledgments, and pledge reminders.
- Comprehensive Campaign allocation of gifts/payments over multiple funds following donor designations.
- Creation and on-going Excel chart maintenance of pledges, payments, and gifts to facilitate monthly reconciliation with the CFO and provide Audit reports.
- Maintain existing campaign spreadsheets related to pledges/dollars received.
- Continue existing building fund charts tracking payments/gifts and monthly reconciliation w/Todd Witt.
- Wealth Screening - Create wealth screen profiles and giving summaries from SS for Campaign Consultant or Campaign Manager as needed. The Campaign Manager needs to be self-sufficient in generating reports necessary to the performance of the role. The Development Associate will train and assist as needed.
- Technology Development Projects w/Jeff Spain. Example; migration of M-Drive to the Cloud. Hardware trouble-shooting.
- Training on Senior Systems and on-boarding process for new Development staff and general support for existing staff related to SS reports updates.
- Develop custom Crystal reports w/SS and enhancement tools as needed for Development.
- End of Year and Audit Process (related documents are available for specific tasks and reports).
- The EOY and Audit require approximately eight weeks to complete. While some basic daily activities are completed during that time the primary focus is completing EOY (so the other modules can start the next school year).
- End of Year and Audit Process
- Responsible for maintaining donor and gift data that will meet audit requirements and provide all information requested by the auditors in a timely fashion.
- Provide IRS form 990 data to the CFO and auditors (related guideline is available).
- Provide to the CFO data for the Development aspect of INDEX reporting.
*Notes and Other Requirements:
- Assist the Event coordinator with CountryDate (and other events as needed) from the perspective of posting payments, purchases, and donations in SS, maintaining Excel expense charts, and providing reports of event income and expenses.
- The Director of Database Management is responsible for the check-in and check-out process (with the assistance of volunteers) for CountryDate and is required to attend this event.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 5-7 years of experience in a non-profit development role, including prior database management experience;
- Have a proven track record in fundraising and understand the fundamentals of annual giving, campaign fundraising, and the relationship between the two;
- Possess outstanding writing, phone, and communication skills;
- Have a cheerful, professional demeanor with volunteers, trustees, faculty and staff;
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Be goal-oriented and proactive;
- Appreciate the need to educate first-time parents and new families about philanthropy;
- Have superior knowledge and command of Microsoft Office Suite products;
- Have the ability to create sophisticated reports and to analyze and synthesize large amounts of data to maximize the development program’s effectiveness, and
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects.
FOR CONFIDENTIAL CONSIDERATION: Please contact Chris Woodside, Director of Development, by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
In addition to a competitive compensation package, there is an attractive tuition remission program in place at Cincinnati Country Day.
Cincinnati Country Day School provides each student with superior preparation for success in college and life. We inspire a passion for learning and independent thinking through a steadfast commitment to academic excellence, personal integrity, and service to others.