Director of Major & Planned GivingCompany: Cincinnati Opera
Date Posted: April 5, 2017
Cincinnati Opera is seeking an experienced Director of Major & Planned Giving to provide meaningful engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of patrons in the major gifts and planned giving programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan and direct the planned giving/major gifts programs establishing overall objectives and goals.
- Execute comprehensive donor-centric solicitation plans for Opera’s major gifts and planned giving programs.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to grow Cincinnati Opera’s planned giving program and expand the Society of Angels.
- Manage the Board committees responsible for solicitations of major and planned gifts; volunteer committee members recruitment
- Manage and grow a portfolio of major and planned gift prospects, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities with a goal of increasing membership in the Opera’s major donor and planned giving programs.
- Work with Director of Development on developing activities for the Board Development committee; Collaborate with Director of Development and senior volunteers to further organizational objectives through strategically recruiting Board Trustees and Center Stage Board Associates.
- Work with the Director of Development, the Manager of Individual Giving, and COA’s Data Analyst to develop a systematic, data-based approach to prospect development.
- Work with the Director of Development on the planned giving segment of the New Century Campaign (Cincinnati Opera’s endowment campaign)
- Work with the Director of Development to prepare, execute, and monitor annual income and expense budgets for the major and planned gifts program. Define and achieve annual and multi-year giving goals.
- Manage the content and production of materials related to major and planned giving: solicitation materials, newsletters, website content development.
- Prepare reports and program assessments, including measurable targets for major/planned gifts: # of personal visits, stewardship activities and solicitations made, as well as new commitments and dollars raised.
Requirements: At least 10 years of fundraising experience with 2-5 years spent in the areas of major gifts and planned giving. In addition to core competences in the development field, prospective candidates must be: Able to work independently, have a strong work ethic, high degree of self-motivation and work well under pressure; Be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, and results driven. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity, take initiative, and value the mission/vision and strategic direction of our company.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter, a list of three professional references and salary requirements to email@example.com or Cincinnati Opera, 30 Garfield Pl, Suite 800, Cincinnati, OH 45202. Deadline for applications is April 30, 2017 or until filled.